Reaves, Daniel (c1775 VA - c1846 VA)
Birth: c 1775, Virginia
Death: bef 1846, Halifax County, Virginia
Spouse1: Nancy Dodson, 10 Oct 1799, Pittsylvania County, Virginia
NarrativeChildren of Daniel Reeves and Nancey Dodson:
- Jesse Reeves, m. Elizabeth Chaney
- Susan Reeves, m. Perriman A. Wilkins
- Rhoda Reeves, b. 1805, d. 18 May 1875, never married
- George D. Reeves, m. Mary A. Greenwood
- Nancy Reeves, m. John Chaney
- Elizabeth "Betsy" Reeves, never married
- Letitia "Letty" Reeves, never married
- Daniel Dodson Reeves, m. Mary W. Epps
Daniel Reeves bought land in Halifax County on Deep Bottom Creek in 1797 and sold it in 1799. Again in 1807 he bought 72 acres on Deep Bottom Creek, recorded in Deed Book 21 at page 501. The 1830 real estate tax book lists Daniel Reaves with 72 acres on Deep Bottom Creek.
On 14 January 1846, Jesse Rives and Betsy his wife of Pittsylvania County, Rhoda Rives, Betsy Rives, John Chainey and Nancy his wife, Paramon A. Wilkins and Susan his wife, Letty Rives, Daniel Rives, and George D. Rives and Mary Ann his wife of Halifax County, conveyed to Robert Moore 72-1/4 acres of land which would appear to be the land inherited from their father. Halifax County Deed Book 51, page 212.