1856 Trustee of John G. Rives - Wilkes County
ACTS OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF GEORGIA, PASSED IN MILLEDGEVILLE, AT A BI-ENNIAL SESSION, IN NOVEMBER, DECEMBER, JANUARY, FEBRUARY & MARCH, 1855-'56.
COMPILED, AND NOTES ADDED, By JOHN W. DUNCAN.
PART I.--PUBLIC LAWS.
TITLE XVI. EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, &c.
1855 Vol. 1 — Page: 148
Sequential Number: 097
Law Number: No. 97.
Full Title: An Act to allow Trustees to make returns to the Court of Ordinary in certain cases, and to make it their duty to do so in other cases, and also to allow William M. Reese, former Trustee of John G. Rives and family, to make returns to the Ordinary of Wilkes County, and for other purposes.
* * * * *
20. SECTION I. Be it enacted, &c. That from and after the passage of this act, any Trustee may be allowed to make a return of his actings and doings as Trustee, to the Court of Ordinary of the County in which he may reside, and that the return when so made, shall have the same force and effect as returns made in said Court by administrators, executors and guardians.
21. SEC. II. And be it further enacted, That the Ordinary to whom such return or returns may be made, shall be entitled to the same fees as are now paid by executors, administrators and guardians.
22. SEC. III. And be it further enacted, That the provisions of this act be extended to William M. Reese of the County of Wilkes, former trustee of John G. Rives and family.
23. SEC. IV. Be it further enacted, That it shall be the duty of all trustees within three months after the trust property comes into their possession, to return to the Court of Ordinary of the County where they reside, an inventory of all the trust property in their hands received by them, which shall be recorded under the same regulations as inventories of administrators and executors.
24. SEC. XI. And be it further enacted, That executors, administrators, guardians and trustees, shall be authorised to sell and convey property by Attornies in fact, in all cases where they may lawfully sell and convey in person.
Approval Date: APPROVED February 28th, 1856.
Source: Georgia Legislative Documents, Galileo Digital Initiative Database, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia, http://metis.galib.uga.edu/ssp/cgi-bin/legis-idx.pl?sessionid=b7f4dfc7-57ee7e4679-7913&type=law&byte=29744618.