A History of the County of Hampshire: Volume 3 at British History Online.
When reviewing modern maps, remember that much foreshore and mud-flats have been reclaimed from Southampton Water to create the Western Docks and Container Port, changing the local geography considerably.
here on Google Street View. This church was consecrated in 1874.
Holy Trinity was built as a replacement for the ancient Parish Church of St Nicholas, Millbrook. Even after the consecration of Holy Trinity in 1874, services continued intermittently at St Nicholas until 1920. The old church sudden collapsed five days after the last service. See http://holytrinitymillbrook.org.uk/php/history.php
A History of the County of Hampshire Volume 3" (pub 1908) notes a number of early registers -
(1) mixed entries 1633-1679, (2) baptisms 1683-1695, marriages 1689-1692 and burials 1699-1703, (3) mixed entries 1695-1701 (4) baptism and burials 1754-1786, (5) mixed entries 1780-1781, (6) mixed entries 1784-1802, (7) baptisms and burials 1803-1812 (8) marriages 1754-1792 and (9) marriages 1792-1812.
North Stoneham, to the east the extra-parochial area of Southampton Common and the Southampton parish of SS Lawrence and John, to the south is Southampton Water, with Eling to the west, Nursling to the north west and Chilworth to the north.
The parish of Shirley was an ancient parish which was united with Millbrook in the 1570's and created as an ecclesiastical parish in 1836/39 (sources vary).