LocationSwanmore is an Ecclesiastical Parish located in the south of Hampshire. It is approximately twelve miles east of Southampton and seven miles north of Fareham. Bishop's Waltham is two miles distant and Droxford thre miles to the north-east.
Prior to 1845 when the new Ecclesiastical District of Swanmore was created, the majority of Swanmore was part of the Ancient Parish of Droxford, the remainder being part of the Ancient Parish of Bishop's Waltham. For additional information please see
A History of the County of Hampshire: Volume 3 at British History Online where Swanmore is discussed as a former part of Droxford Parish