Birth: 20 Sep 1794, Virginia
Birth Source: Gravestone in Jackson Creek Cemetery, Madison County, Arkansas
Death: 29 Mar 1862, Madison County, Arkansas
Death Source: Gravestone
Spouse1: Elizabeth Powell, 9 Nov 1820 in Smith County, Tennessee
- Mary Ann "Polly" Reeves, b. 1822, m. John Herriman on 2 Jan 1843, Cannon TN
- Salena Reeves, b. 11 Sep 1823, m. Matthew Dennis on 8 Feb 1844, Cannon TN
- Lucinda Jane "Lucy" Reeves, b. 20 Apr 1829, m. James M. Powell on 8 Sep 1850, Cannon TN
- Sabrina Tennessee Reeves, b. 1832, m. James Franklin Ledbetter on 11 May 1849, Cannon TN
- Laten D. Morgan Reeves, b. c1841, m. Adidaniah Roberts
Jeremiah Reeves fought in the War of 1812 in the 3rd Regiment, Tennessee Militia as a Pvt. from Wilson County. He served under Capt. James Black and Col. Ralston. He mustered out in Nashville in Oct. of 1814. The records indicate that he was 6 ft. 2 inches tall with black hair, blue eyes and a fair complexion.
He relocated from Wilson County, Tennessee around 1827 to Cannon County where he lived until around 1850. He applied for bounty land on Feb. 8, 1851 and was granted a homestead. He led a wagon train from Tennessee to Madison County, Arkansas in the 1850's. The wagon train consisted of, among others, James Herriman, Matthew Dennis, James P. Powell, Laten Reeves and James Ledbetter. He lived there on Jackson Creek until his death in 1862.
1840 Census - Cannon County, Tennessee
1850 Census - Cannon County, Tennessee
1860 Census - Madison County, Arkansas