James B. Reeves
Mother: Sarah McElroy
Birth: c. 1809, GA
Birth Source: Census
Death: aft 1880, probably Va Zandt County, Texas
Death Source: Last record was 1880 census
Spouse1: Mary Strickland, m. 13 Dec 1829
- Mary Reeves, b. c. 1832, GA.
- Unknown Son Reeves, b. c. 1835, GA. He was shown in 1840 but not in 1850.
- James Reeves, b. c. 1836, GA. He may have been known as Solomon.
- Sally Reeves, b. c. 1838, GA.
- Jerry Reeves, b. c. 1839, GA, m. Priscilla MNU.
- Elizabeth Reeves, b. c. 1842, GA.
- Eveline Reeves, b. c. 1844, GA.
- Nancy Reeves, b. c. 1846, GA. She may have been known as Lucinda.
- Christopher C. Reeves, b. c. 1850, AL, m. Emily MNU.
- Josiah Reeves, b. c. 1850, AL. He was not shown in 1860.
In 1830, John B. Reeves was enumerated in Butts Co., GA.
In 1840, John B. Reeves was enumerated in Carroll Co., GA, GMD 713, near his father James and brother Jeremiah.
In 1850, he was in HH 419, Beat 4, Randolph Co., AL. This beat was located in the extreme northeastern portion of the county and joins Carroll Co., GA.
By 1860, John and family were living in Tyler, Smith Co., TX, where they appeared in HH 1153/1153: John B. Reaves, 49, Farmer, $1000/$600, GA; Mary, 47, GA; Solomon, 22, Farm Labor, GA; Elizabeth, 19, GA; Eveline, 15, GA; Lucinda, 13, GA; Christopher, 10, GA. In HH 1154/1154 was Jeremiah Reeves, 21, Farmer, $0/$500, GA; Priscilla, 17, TN; Leonidas, 1/12, TX.
The family was in Van Zandt Co., TX, Precinct 5, HH 10/10, in 1880: C. C. Reeves, 29, Farmer, AL/GA/GA; Emily, 25, Keeping House, GA/GA/GA; J. W., 9, TX, male; Mary, 8, TX; James, 6, TX; Henry, 4, TX; Alfred, 6/12, January, TX; John B., 70, Physician, Partially Insane, GA/GA/GA.
John Reaves who married Rebecca Hunter in Carroll Co., GA, in 1845. He also moved into Randolph Co., AL, where he lived the remainder of his life. His relationship to the family of Rev. James B. Reeves, if any, is unknown.
Additionally a John Bates Reeves b. 1812 married a Mrs. Frances Ellen Gaines Duty in Red River County, Texas which is in fairly close proximity to Van Zandt County but that appears to be a different individual. That John B. Reeves died in 1888 in Red River County.
1840 Carroll Co., GA, Census.
1850 Randolph Co., AL, Census.
1860 Smith Co., TX, Census.
1880 Van Zandt Co., TX, Census.
Georgia Deaths and Marriages (vol II), p106
John B. Reeves born 1812: Boxelder Cemetery, gravestone photo at Find A Grave