Birth: c1725, St. Mary's County, Maryland
Birth Source: Probate of Thomas Reeves
Death: c Feb 1778, Charles County, Maryland
Death Source: Probate Records of Charles County
Spouse1: Mary Murphy
- Samuel Reeves, b. 9 Apr 1749, d. 1801 in Rowan County, North Carolina
- Mary Ann Reeves, b. 23 Jun 1751, d. unknown
- Elizabeth Reeves, b. 18 Nov 1753, m. John Mills
- Lydia Reeves, 25 Aug 1755, d. unknown
- Anne Reeves, b. 25 Apr 1758, d. Rowan County, North Carolina, m. Benjamin Poston
- Josias Reeves, b. 28 Oct 1761, d. 22 Sep 1841, Pickaway County, Ohio
- Dorcas Reeves, b. 8 Jan 1764, m. Benjamin T. Thorn
- Bennett Reeves, b. 13 Mar 1766, d. after 1827, probably Wilkes County, Georgia
- William Reeves, b. 9 Feb 1770, d. before 1804 in Rowan County, North Carolina
Mary Reeves, executrix of Thomas Reeves, Jr.
Charles County MD Will Book 1777-1780; Page 212.
Thomas Reeves Final Account. Aug 25, 1778.
The account of Mary Reeves, admx of Thomas Reeves, late of CC, decd, viz -
Debts include: the inventory of sd deed's estate, exhibited into the Prerogative office on Jun 18, 1774, amounting to 74 £ 19 shillings 8 pence; a crop of tobacco; tobacco recd of Robert Harrison for a cask of cider sold him 200 in Crop; money recd of Thomas Barron. The whole amount: 120 £ 15 shillings 0 pence.
Disbursements went to: Daniel Jenifer, late Deputy Commissary, for letters; Bennet Dyson; Barns and Ridgate per judgment on bond obtained against the admx, exclusive of the cost of suit, she having no certificate from the County court; Jno Cooksey; Walter Hanson for recording this account; Samuel Swan; Walter Lyon. Balance accountable: 33 £ 6 shillings 9-1/2 pence.
Securities: Bennet Dyson and Thomas Swann.
Representatives: the widow and 9 children, viz, Samuel Reeves, Mary Anne, Elizabeth, Lydia, and Anne, at age, Josias, Dorcas, Bennet, and William, under age, ages not known.
Proved on Aug 25, 1778 by Mary Reeves, the accountant within mentioned.
Thomas Reeves and Lydia Clark. However, the recently discovered probate records of the estate of Joseph Padgett (Charles County Orphan's Court Proceedings 1812-1814, Pages 260-264) which list all of the grandchildren of Thomas Reeves and Lydia Clark with their parent noted, do not name the above children as legatees, but instead the children of a different Thomas Reeves. This indicates that this Thomas Reeves was more likely the child of Upgate Reeves' brother William. See Pg 264 of Joseph Padgett's Estate.
²Children's births recorded in the Trinity Parish Register of Charles County, Maryland.