Reeves, John D. (c1789 MD - c1860 GA?)
Reeves, John D.
SummaryFather: Bennett Reeves
Mother: Anne (probably Dyson)
Birth: 1789, Maryland
Birth Source: Census
Death: after 1850, probably in Stewart County, Georgia
Spouse1: Elizabeth M. Woodruff “Betsy”, m. 28 Jun 1821, Wilkes County, Georgia
NarrativeChildren of John D. Reeves and Elizabeth Woodruff:
- Richard D. Reeves, b. 1823, m. Martha Wright on 6 Nov 1851
- Bennett Fielding Reeves, b. 1825, d. 1920 Rusk County, Texas
- Mary Ann Reeves, b. 1827, d. 1916 in Georgia
- John D. Reeves, b. 1829
- Margaret Reeves, b. 1829, d. 1834
- Sarah Jane Reeves, b. 1834
- Louisa Casanda Reeves, b. 1837, d. 1880 Sumter County, Alabama, m. Joshua J. Cobb on 24 Dec 1854
- James A. Reeves, b. 1839
- William A. Reeves, b. 1841, m. Lou Williford on 18 Feb 1868
- Emily F. Reeves, b. 1844
John D. Rives (sic Reeves) household in Wilkes County, Georgia 1840 Census was listed as follows: 1 Male 0-5, 2 Males 10-14; 1 Male 15-19; 1 Male 50-59, 1 Female 0-5, 1 Female 5-9, 1 Female 10-14, 1 Female 30-39 and 3 Slaves.
In the 1880 census, Bennett F. Reeves and John D. Reeves, sons of John D. Reeves, each give information that their father was born in Maryland. This confirms that they were grandsons of Bennett Reeves, son of Thomas Reeves and Mary Murphy of Charles County, Maryland, who migrated to Wilkes County, Georgia around 1800.
Sources1840 Census - Wilkes County, Georgia
1850 Census - Stewart County, Georgia