Reeves, Wiley (1827 GA - 1900 AL)
SummaryFather: Loftin Reeves
Mother: Nancy Jeans
Birth: 5 May 1827
Birth Source: Census and Loftin Reeves Probate
Death: 9 Aug 1900 Lineville, Clay County, Alabama
Death Source: Reeves family records
Spouse1: Arminda Elizabeth Whitworth b. 18 Nov 1831, d. 24 Apr 1915, Daughter of Thomas C. and Mary Elizabeth Guess Whitworth (death certificate of son, William Henry Reeves gives name as Amanda Whitworth)
NarrativeWiley Reeves was the son of Loftin Reeves and Nancy Jeans. He was born in 1821 in Walton Co. one year after his father Loftin Reeves was in the Gwinnett Co. Census with Thompson Reeves and several other key members of the Reeves family. Walton County was at least partially formed by taking part of Gwinnett Co. They may not have moved. Several Reeves families were later shown to live in Walton Co. None seemed a good candidate for a father for Loftin Reeves however.
According to Katherine Reeves Allen, an excellent Reeves Researcher, Wiley gave the information for the mortality record for Loftin Reeves. Katherine indicated to me that their family believes that the father of Loftin b. 1794 is named John Reeves and that he was killed by Indians. Proof is lacking.
Children of Wiley and Arminda Elizabeth Reeves:
- Nancy Caroline Reeves b. 5 Nov 1849 Walton Co., Georgia; m. Green M. Knight
- Mary Frances Reeves b. 9 Jun 1851 m. Elisha Hendricks
- Hiram Harrison Reeves b. 21 Apr 1853; d. Mar 1919 Lineville; m. Victoria Young
- Thomas Marion Reeves b.1856 d. Atlanta Georgia; m. Dicey Hardy
- James Wiley " Bud" Reeves, b 21 May 1858; d. 30 Dec 1928 Lineville Alabama; m. Mary Frances Arnett
- Arminda Emilene Reeves b. 4 Jun 1860; d. 17 Oct 1874; m. Aaron Bell
- Annie Matilda Reeves b. 9 Nov 1862' m. Wyatt J. Green
- William Henry Reeves b. 28 Sep 1865; 23 Nov 1951 Clay County, Alabama; m. Fredonia Wilkerson
- Willis Cornelius Reeves b. 21 Apr 1868; d. 23 Nov 1895 Lineville Alabama
- Ida Elizabeth Reeves b. 15 Dec 1873 d. 1955 Barfield Alabama; never married
- Rufus Philo Reeves b. 27 Sep 1870; d. 1 Nov 1870
Per Tommie Reeves Smith, (some) Research of this family provided by Katherine Reeves Allen descendant of Willis Cornelius a son of Wiley Reeves.