1827 Deed - Mary Thomasson to B. D. Thomasson
York District, South Carolina
Deed Book L, No. 148
2 Jan 1827
Know all men by these presents that I Mary Thomasson
of the District and State aforesaid for and in consideration of the natural love and affection which I have for B. D. Thomasson
of the District and State aforesaid
- given and granted and by these presents do give and grant unto the said B. D. Thomasson
- his executors, administrators and assigns, one tract of land in the Indian Land
- Dutchman's Creek containing two hundred and nineteen Acres more or less and
- give five Negroes - viz - One Negro man named Sam, one Do named Jack, one boy named Jackson and one Negro girl named Harriet. I also give unto the said B D. Thomasson of the District and State aforesaid all my Household and Kitchen and all my crockery ware that is to it attached. One
- chair and also unto said B. D. Thomasson of the District and state aforesaid two houses to have and to hold all the above named property both personal and real unto him the said B D. Thomasson his executors and administrators and assigns forever give this said property above named to the said B. D. Thomasson his executors administrators and assigns against claim of me the said Mary Thomasson, my executors, administrators and assigns other persons whomsoever shall and will
- defend. In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this month of January in the year of our Lord One thousand and Eight Hundred and twenty seven.
Personally came John Reeves
before me the subscribing Justice upon oath sayeth he saw Mary Thomasson sign, seal and deliver the within deed of gift to B. D. Thomasson and that it is Just and true and that he was a witness to the same. Sworn to and subscribed before me this 2nd January 1827.
Joseph McCorkle J. P.
Transcription by Richard Reeves