There is a marker on the corner of Jackson and S. Cherokee in Morrilton that reads as follows: Conway County Cherokee Indian Boundary. On the north bank of the Arkansas River at the mouth of Point Remove Creek a line was run in a Northwesterly (sic northeasterly) direction to Batesville on White River. This line..was designated as the Eastern Boundary of the lands ceded by treaty in 1817 to the Western Cherokee Indians in exchange for lands given up by them in the states of Georgia and Tennessee.
Conway County was formed in 1825 out of Pulaski County and is named for Henry Wharton Conway who was the territorial delegate to the US Congress. At one time, Conway County covered an area of about 2,500 square miles and included most of Faulkner, Van Buren, Pope, Perry and part of Yell County.
Van Buren, Faulkner, Perry, Yell and Pope counties.