Colchester (Parish of All Saints), Essex
All Saints is one of a number of ancient parishes within the old borough of Colchester. Colchester became a city in September 2022. The church building is now the Natural History Museum.
The Parish (CofE) Church of All Saints became redundant in 1956. Since 1958 the former church building has been the Natural History Museum
. It can be found at the corner of High Street and Queen Street. It can be seen on Google Street View
Essex Archives show a holding of eight Registers of Baptism (1609 - 1953), thirteen Registers of Marriages (1609 - 1953) and five Registers of Burials (1609 - 1881)
For additional detail see https://www.essexarchivesonline.co.uk/ParishRegisters.aspx?selAlphabet=C&selParish=189&selChurch=2247
(accessed 31 October 2022).
Adjacent (Pre 1832) Parishes
To the north and east of All Saints is the ancient parish of Colchester St James
. To the south are Colchester St Botolph
and Colchester St Giles
. To the west are Colchester Holy Trinity
, Colchester St Nicholas
, Colchester St Martin
with Myland St Martin
to the north.