Colchester (Parish of St Mary at the Walls), Essex
St Mary at the Walls is one of a number of ancient parishes within the old borough of Colchester.
The Parish (CofE) Church of St Mary at the Walls closed in 1978. The church building was converted into an arts centre in 1980. See Colchester Arts Centre:The Venue
. It is located on Church Street, adjacent to the old Roman town wall. It can be seen on Google Street View
For additional information see A History of the County of Essex: Volume 9 - St.Mary's-at-the-Walls at British History Online
(published in 1994).
Essex Archives show a holding of eleven Registers of Baptism (1561 - 1647 and 1653 - 1969), seventeen Registers of Marriages (1561 - 1975, with gaps) and seven Registers of Burials (1559 - 1932, with gaps).
For additional detail see https://www.essexarchivesonline.co.uk/ParishRegisters.aspx?selAlphabet=C&selParish=189&selChurch=2259
(accessed 01 November 2022).