Maldon (St Mary)
Ancient Parish of St Mary comprises the southern and eastern portions of the town of Maldon and includes Northey Island.
The Parish (CofE) Church is St Mary the Virgin, which can be seen here on Google Street View
. It sits on high ground above "The Hythe" a tidal quay on the River Chelmer.
Essex Archives shows a holding of eight Registers of Baptism (1558 - 2007), eleven Marriage Registers (1558 - 1998) and eleven Burial Registers (1558 - 1976).
For additional detail see https://www.essexarchivesonline.co.uk/ParishRegisters.aspx?selAlphabet=M&selParish=10212&selChurch=10233
(accessed 30 May 2022)
Adjacent (Pre 1832) Parishes
To the east of Maldon (St Mary) was the parish of Mundon
. Both Purleigh
are to the south. All Saints with St Peter, Maldon
is to the west. To the north, across the River Chelmer, are Heybridge
, Little Totham