Loading...
 
Stanford-le-Hope, Essex

Stanford-le-Hope

Stanford-le-Hope

Location

Stanford-le-Hope is an ancient parish located in the very south of the county of Essex and with the estuary of the River Thames forming its southern boundary.

Stanford-le-Hope is approximately twenty miles south of the county town of Chelmsford. The port of Tilbury is approximately six miles south south west. The town of Brentwood is about eleven miles to the north north west and Basildon is six miles to the north east.

Parish Church

The Parish (CofE) Church is St Margaret (and formerly known as St Margaret of Antioch), Stanford-le-Hope, which can be found here on Google Street View

Parish Registers

Essex Archives shows a holding of seven Registers of Baptism (1680 - 1967), thirteen Marriage Registers (1696 - 1985) and four Burial Registers (1680 - 1982). For additional detail see https://www.essexarchivesonline.co.uk/ParishRegisters.aspx?selAlphabet=S&selParish=11812&selChurch=12430 (accessed 11 May 2022)

Adjacent (Pre 1832) Parishes

To the east of Stanford-le-Hope lies Corringham with a small detached portion of Fobbing at the extreme southern end of the eastern boundary. To the south of Stanford-le-Hope is the tidal estuary of the River Thames, with the Kent parish of Cliffe at Hoo on the opposite shore. Mucking is to the south west and Horndon on the Hill to the north west. Langdon Hills is to the north.

Gleanings from