Gosport (St Matthew), Hampshire
LocationThe Liberty of Alverstoke (including Gosport) lies on the western shores of Portsmouth Harbour. For additional information please see A History of the County of Hampshire: Volume 3 at British History Online. Gosport (St Matthew) was created from Alverstoke in 1845.
Parish ChurchThe Parish (CoE) Church of St Matthew, Gosport, was in St Matthews Square, on the north side of the town. It was built in 1845, was "closed for Divine Service on 18 December 1950" and was "demolished in 1954 during the regeneration of the town centre".
Parish RegistersGosport, St Matthew: registers of baptisms and marriages, 1846-1950 per Gosport Discovery Centre see http://www3.hants.gov.uk/gdc/gosport-dc-local-studies.htm
Marriages Transcript 1846-1930 from PCRO CHU24/1B/1 see http://www.knightroots.co.uk/transcriptions/Parishes_G/Gosport_St_Matthew/Marriages/Marriages.htm