Winchester (Parish of St Batholomew, Hyde), Hampshire
St Bartholomew, Hyde is one of a number of ancient parishes within the old City of Winchester
. The church is approximately 0.75 miles north of the Cathedral.
The Parish (CofE) Church is St Bartholomew, Hyde, which can be found here on Google Street View
viewed from King Alfred Place.
"A History of the County of Hampshire: Volume 5" (pub 1912) notes five early registers exists
(1) has all entries 1563 to 1704, but baptisms are missing 1621 to 1627 and 1647 to 1682 except a few scattered entries, marriages are missing 1647 to 1688 and burials very incomplete 1643 to 1688; (2) has baptisms and burials 1704 to 1776 and marriages 1704 to 1754; (3) marriages only 1755 to 1812; (4) baptisms and burials 1777 to 1789; and (5) the same 1789 to 1812.
The registers are held at the Hampshire Archive http://www3.hants.gov.uk/archives/hals-collections/hals-parish-registers.htm
Adjacent (Pre 1832) Parishes
To the north east St Bartholomew, Hyde is bounded by a detached portion of Kings Worthy
and to the east by Easton
. Winchester St John
, Winchester St Maurice
and Winchester St Thomas
are to the south with Weeke
to the west and Headbourne Worthy
to the north.