Chute is an Ancient Parish located at the eastern edge of the county of Wiltshire. The village of the same name lies near the centre of the Parish and is approximately four miles north-east of Ludgershall. The town of Marlborough is about 15 miles to the north-west and Andover about 7 miles to the south-south-east. The parish also includes the hamlet of Cadley.
For additional information please see A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 16 at British History Online
The Parish (CofE) Church is St Nicholas, Chute, which can be seen here on Google Street View.
"A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 16" (pub 1999) simply notes "Registrations of baptisms, marriages, and burials begin in 1581 and are complete". The Parish Register List of the Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre concurs - see http://www.wshc.eu/parish-register-list#C
Adjacent (Pre 1832) Parishes
To the east of Chute lies the parishes of Vernhams Dean, Hampshire
and Hurstbourne Tarrant
and to the south-east is Tangley, Hampshire
. To the south is the extra-parochial area of Chute Forest, Wiltshire and Ludgershall
. The extra-parochial area of Hippenscombe, Wiltshire and the parish of Tidcombe and Fosbury
lie to the north of Chute. (The parishes mentioned are in Wiltshire unless noted otherwise.)