LocationWroughton is an Ancient Parish located in the north east of the county of Wiltshire. The village of the same name lies near its centre. It is approximately three miles south of Swindon and eight miles north of Marlborough. Salisbury is about thirty-five
miles to the south. The ancient parish of Wroughton includes the hamlet of Elcombe.
For additional information please see A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 11 at British History Online.
Parish ChurchThe Parish (CofE) Church is St. John The Baptist and St. Helen, Wroughton appears not to be visible from the road on Google Street View, but can be seen here on the Google Satellite.
Parish RegistersThe Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre http://www.wshc.eu/104-parish-register-list-k-z#W notes that their archives hold registers covering the following periods
- Christenings 1653-1964,
- Marriages 1654-1973 and
- Burials 1654-1962