Mother: Elizabeth Harper
Birth: 26 Nov 1827, Georgia
Birth Source: Gravestone and Census
Death: 6 Jan 1905, Meriwether County, Georgia
Death Source: Gravestone in Flat Rock Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery
Spouse1: Sarah Elizabeth Hines, m. 18 Dec 1851 in Meriwether County, Georgia. Sarah was born 28 August 1832 and died 8 January 1920.
- Emma Winifred Reeves, b. 8 February 1853, GA.
- Alice E. Reeves, b. 5 November 1855, GA, d. 18 May 1883, GA, m. W. L. Hutchinson.
- Tyre H. Reeves, b. 20 April 1858, GA, d. 22 May 1929, GA, m. Ida Hunter.
- Mattie Reeves, b. September 1861, GA, m. Claudius E. McClendon.
- William Judson Reeves, b. 1867, GA, d. 15 June 1921, Meriwether Co., GA, m. Hattie Chambless.
- Effie Reeves, b. 8 November 1869, Meriwether Co., GA, m. Jacob B. Jarrell.
- Linton S. Reeves, b. July 1872, GA, d. 7 January 1957, Coweta Co., GA.
Cornelius J. Reeves most often appears in legal records as C. J. Reeves. His middle name was sometimes spelled Jetson but seems to have been passed down to family members as Judson. Elizabeth reported in the 1900 census that she had given birth to nine children, six of whom were then living. Her widowed daughter Mattie McClendon and her son L. S. Reeves were both living at home. Mattie was a school teacher and reported that she had two living children. C. J. Reeves was shown as a merchant.
1870 Census: Meriwether County, Georgia (shown as C. J. Reeves).
1880 Census: Meriwether County, Georgia (shown as Jetson Reeves).
1900 Census: Meriwether County, Georgia (shown as C. J. Reeves).
Death Certificate of William J. Reeves, 15 June 1921, No. 15383.