Mother: probably Anne Webster
Birth: c 1775, Virginia
Birth Source: Estimated age over 45 years in 1820 census.
Death Source: Wife widowed in 1840 census and listed as Head of Household
Spouse1: Nancy Dodson, 10 Oct 1799, Pittsylvania County, Virginia
- Jesse Reeves, m. Elizabeth Chaney
- Susan Reeves, m. Perriman A. Wilkins
- Rhoda Reeves, b. 1805, d. 18 May 1875, never married
- George D. Reeves, m. Mary A. Greenwood
- Nancy Reeves, m. John Chaney
- Elizabeth “Betsy” Reeves, never married
- Letitia “Letty” Reeves, never married
- Daniel Dodson Reeves, m. Mary W. Epps
Daniel Reeves bought land in Halifax County on Deep Bottom Creek in 1797 and sold it in 1799. Again in 1807 he bought 72 acres on Deep Bottom Creek, recorded in Deed Book 21 at page 501. The 1830 real estate tax book lists Daniel Reaves with 72 acres on Deep Bottom Creek.
On 14 January 1846, Jesse Rives and Betsy his wife of Pittsylvania County, Rhoda Rives, Betsy Rives, John Chainey and Nancy his wife, Paramon A. Wilkins and Susan his wife, Letty Rives, Daniel Rives, and George D. Rives and Mary Ann his wife of Halifax County, conveyed to Robert Moore 72-1/4 acres of land which would appear to be the land inherited from their father. Halifax County Deed Book 51, page 212.
1799 Marriage - Virginia Compiled Marriages, database online at Ancestry.com
1820 Census - Meadsville, Halifax County, Virginia
1830 Census - Halifax County, Virginia (listed incorrectly as Rives)
1840 Census - South District, Halifax County, Virginia (HOH Nancy Reaves)
1846 Halifax VA Deed by heirs, DB 51, p212