Birth: 1791, Tennessee
Birth Source: 1850 Census
Death: before 1860, Arkansas
Spouse1: James Reeves
- Susannah Reeves, b. 1814, d. before 1860, m. Lorenzo D. Bryant
- Nathaniel Reeves, b. 1818, d. Mar 1869 in Baxter County, Arkansas, m. Priscilla Caroline Baker
- Elizabeth Reeves, b. 1818, m. Noah L. Baker
- John Reeves, b. 1821-1825
- Jesse Reeves, b. 1823
- James Reeves, b. 1826
Rachel's household in the 1830 census of 1 male ‹5, 2 males 5-9, 1 male 10-15, 1 female 10-14, 1 female 15-19, 1 female 40-49 and 2 slaves is far more consistent with the household of the younger James Reeves of the 1820 census.
From: Wayne County, Tennessee Abstracts of Deed Records 1820-1839 by James A Gray -
- P 217 - Instrument: Deed, Dated Jan 13, 1838, Filed Jan 22, 1838, Record Book B, Page 564. William Nettles (by mark), to Rachel Reeves, both of Wayne County, Consideration $500, Conveys: 55 acres on Green River Range 9 Section 2; R H Mack, J C Goodner
From: Wayne County, Tennessee Abstracts of Deed Records 1839-1853 by James A Gray -
- P 90 - Instrument: Deed, Dated Sept 2, 1843, Filed: Sept 12, 1843, Record Book E, Page 401; Rachel Reeves, Trustee for Susannah Reves, now Susannah Bryant, Nathaniel Reves, Elizabeth Reves, Elizabeth Baker, John Reves, Jesse Reves and James Reves Jr heirs of James Reves, decd and the said Nathaniel Reves and John Reves heirs of aforesaid Rachel Reeves also signs by her mark to Lorenzo D Bryant; Consideration: $160, Conveys: undivided interest in 80 acres; ref west line of a 160 acre survey granted to William F Scott; s/ Rachel Reves by mark, s/John Reeves, s/Nathaniel Reeves
- P 94 - Instrument: Deed, Dated Oct 9, 1843, Filed Nov 7, 1843, Record Book E, Page 412; Lorenza D Bryant of Perry County to Rachel Reeves; Consideration: $400, Conveys: On Green River 80 acres it being the land where Rachel Reeves now resides ref W. B. of 160 acre survey granted to William F Scott; Wit: E Walker, John McDougal
- Instrument: Deed, Dated Oct 9, 1843, Filed Nov 9, 1843, Record Book E, Page 413; Rachel Reeves of Wayne County to Samuel L Burns, same county; Consideration: $400, Conveys: 80 acres Green River ref William R F Scott; Wit: Elijzh Walker, Lorenza D Bryant
- Instrument: Deed, Dated Nov 6, 1843, Nov 9, 1843, Record Book E, Page 414; Conveys: 72 acres on Green River Range 9 Section 2 ref NW cor of William Loggins 25 acre survey; Wit: Samuel L Burns, John Clement
Rachel along with her sons Jesse and James are recorded in the Bennett Bayou District of Fulton County, Arkansas in the 1850 census. Her married children Elizabeth and Nathaniel with their families were also recorded in Fulton County, Arkansas.
Isaac Reeves of Wilkes County, North Carolina; however, based upon the data from the 1790 census, it is unlikely that this is Issac's son James. James Reeves of Wilkes County in 1790 is recorded with 1 male over 16, 1 male under 16 and 3 females. The 1820 census of Wayne County lists this James Reeves' household as 1 male ‹10, 1 male 26-44, 2 females ‹10, 1 female 10-15 and 1 female 26-44. In the 1830 census Rachel's age is given as 40-49 or born 1781 to 1790 indicating she could not have been the mother of the children listed in the 1790 census when she would have been approximately 9 years old. The same applies to James for his birth date was 1776 to 1794 per the 1820 census and would have been too young to have 3 children by 1790.
There is also information that supports Isaac Reeves' son James migration to Mason County, Kentucky. The History of Morgan, Monroe & Brown County published in 1884 includes a biography for James' son John Reeves which names Isaac and Margery Reeves as James' parents. This further establishes that the James Reeves of Wayne County was another person.
Wayne County, Tennessee Abstracts of Deed Records 1820-1839 by James A Gray
From Wayne County, Tennessee Abstracts of Deed Records 1839-1853 by James A Gray
1820 Census - Wayne County, Tennessee
1830 Census - Wayne County, Tennessee (Rachel Reeves HOH)
1840 Census - Wayne County, Tennessee (Rachel Reeves HOH)
1850 Census - Bennett Bayou, Fulton County, Arkansas