SummaryFather: Thomas Reeves, Sr.
Birth: c1730, probably Spotsylvania County, Virginia
Birth Source: Named as legatee in 1753 Will of George Reeves, brother of Thomas Reeves, Sr.
Death: 1799, Augusta County, Virginia
Death Source: Augusta County Probate Records
Spouse1: Margaret Dunkeson
NarrativeChildren of John Reeves and Margaret Dunkison:
- Sarah Reeves?, m. Thomas Loker/Lokey
- William Reeves, d. 1807
- John Reeves, Jr., died unmarried and without issue 1819
- Mary Reeves?, d. c1810, m. Charles Moore
- Lydia Reeves?, m. Elijah Moore
From the records of Augusta County, Virginia:
- John Harrison's estate sold at vendue to John Reeves, Thomas Alderson. Account of debts paid 1777. Sworn to May 18, 1784, by Col. Reuben Harrison, Augusta County, September 16, 1779.
- John Reeves received 400 acres on the head branches of the Long Meadow Branch of the North Branch of "Shenandore", Augusta County, March 1, 1781.
In the 1792 Tithables of the East District in Rockingham County, Virginia, John Reeves is listed as follows: "John Reeves one tythe above 21 years & John Reeves, Jun. Dt. & William Reeves above 16 years & eleven horse beasts."