John Reeve and his brother George were recorded in the records of Prince William County, Virginia (location 2 on the adjacent map). The family relationship between these brothers is documented in a Prince William County deed of gift from George to John Reeves on 19 April 1732 which specifically identified John as "my Loving Brother John Reeves."The map and above text both first appeared in May 2017 as part of post entitled "Early Reeves' Families in Colonial America" researched and written by Beverly for the blog Reeves, Reaves, and More Rives she co-authors and is included here with her permission.
John Reeve was taxed in Dettingen Parish of Prince William County in 1747 as were his sons George and Isaac. John is listed on the land tax records of PWC owning 313 acres.
William Reeve, grandson of John Reeve, migrated to South Carolina where he settled in the Abbeville District after serving in the Revolutionary War.
The connection between these families has been verified by DNA matches in DNA Group 10. The DNA of Reeve(s) individuals in South Carolina descending from John's grandson William in Abbeville and George's sons who settled in Lancaster County matches that of other sons of George who settled in Kentucky.
Person Pages have been created within TRP for the following descendants of this individual. Please see footnote [F1] below.
- Reeve(s), John : Reeve(s), John (c1700 VA? - 1782 VA)
- Reeve, George : Reeve, George (c1730 VA - c1779 VA)
- Reeve, William : Reeve, William (1756 VA - 1842 GA)
- Reeve, George Washington : Reeve, George Washington (1781 SC - 1850 AL)
- Reeve, Ezekiel : Reeve, Ezekiel (1804 SC - 1895 GA)
- Reeve, Cynthia : Reeve, Cynthia (c1800 SC - 1842 GA)
- Reeve, Wiley : Reeve, Wiley (1808 SC - c1842 GA)
- Reeve, James Anderson : Reeve, James Anderson (1814 SC - 1894 AL)
- Reeve, Andrew Jackson : Reeve, Andrew Jackson (1815 SC - c1860 AL)
- Reeves, George Edward (Bunkrum) : Reeves, George Edward (Bunkrum) (1835 SC - )
- Reeve, Dicey : Reeve, Dicey (1817 SC - 1868 GA)
- Reeve, William G : Reeve, William G. (1821 SC - 1853 AL)
- Reeve, Senny Onsimus : Reeve, Senny Onsimus (1830 SC - 1906 AL)
- Reeve, Noah Vann : Reeve, Noah Vann (1832 SC - 1864 ?)
- Reeve, Nancy : Reeve, Nancy (c1790 SC - 1824 SC)
- Reeve, James W : Reeve, James W. (1792 SC - 1852 GA)
- Reeves, Asbury W. : Reeves, Asbury W. (1816 SC - 1892)
- Reeve, William Durham : Reeve, William Durham (1797 SC - 1877 GA)
- Reeve, Noah Riddle : Reeve, Noah Riddle (1799 SC - 1880 SC)
- Reeve, Nuttey : Reeve, Nuttey (c1790 SC - ?)
- Reeve, Sarah : Reeve, Sarah (c1800 SC - ? GA)
- Reeve(s), Joshua Smith : Reeve(s), Joshua Smith (1801 SC - bef 1861)
- Reeve, Jemima : Reeve, Jemima (1758 VA - 1840 VA)
- Reeve, James : Reeve, James (c1760 VA - c1797 VA)
- Reeve, Jonathan : Reeve, Jonathan (1764 VA - 1837 VA)
- Reeve, Joshua : Reeve, Joshua (c1763 VA - c1800 TN)
- Reeve, Noah : Reeve, Noah (c1766 VA - Aft 1795 VA)
- Reeve, Jesse : Reeve, Jesse (1768 VA - 1841 TN)
- Reeve, Elizabeth : Reeve, Elizabeth (1797 VA - 1832 TN)
- Reeve, Kittie : Reeve, Kittie (1801 TN - 1848 TN)
- Reeve, Narcissa : Reeve, Narcissa (1803 TN - 1843 TN)
- Reeve, Brunetta : Reeve, Brunetta (1804 TN - ?)
- Reeve, Mary G : Reeve, Mary G. (1806 TN - 1872 TN)
- Reeve, Thomas Jefferson : Reeve, Thomas Jefferson (1812 TN - 1888 TN)
- Reeve, Felix Alexander : Reeve, Felix Alexander (1836 TN - 1920)
- Reeve, George Washington : Reeve, George Washington (1810 TN - c1860 TN)
- Reeve, Jesse S : Reeve, Jesse S. (1859 TN - 1945)
- Reeve, Jesse Smith : Reeve, Jesse Smith (1814 TN - 1871 TN)
- Reeve, Susanna : Reeve, Susanna (c1775 VA - c1800 VA)
- Reeve, Jane : Reeve, Jane (c1778 VA - c1800 VA)
[F1] Family pages within TRP often may not document all of the known descendants of an individual.
For example, Person Pages are not generally created for those who died in childhood.
Please review the individual person pages to see if further offspring are listed there.
If complete branches of this tree are missing, you should first contribute person pages for the missing individuals and then via your Mentor Team talk page ask for this page to be updated.