The first record currently found of Isaac Reeves is the tithables list for Mecklenburg County (location 7 on the adjacent map) in 1764, followed by a 1765 deed in which Isaac Reeves and wife Margery sold 100 acres in Mecklenburg County, Virginia to Ephraim Puckett.The map and above text both first appeared in May 2017 as part of post entitled "Early Reeves' Families in Colonial America" researched and written by Beverly for the blog Reeves, Reaves, and More Rives she co-authors and is included here with her permission.
By 1784 he was recorded in Wilkes County, North Carolina where within a few years his children began to appear in the records of that county.
The History of Morgan, Monroe & Brown County of Indiana, published in 1884 makes several interesting statements regarding a grandson of Isaac and Margery Reeves particularly that his father (James, son of Isaac) was a native of Ireland. That biography also states that Isaac and Margaret Reeves came from Ireland previous to the Revolutionary War.
Descendants of this family who have been tested by FtDNA are found in DNA Group 6C
Person Pages have been created within TRP for the following descendants of this individual. Please see footnote [F1] below.
- Isaac Reeves : Reeves, Isaac (c1725 IE - 1808 NC)
- James Reeves : Reeves, James (c1763 IE - 1807 KY)
- Bettie Reeve : Reeve, Bettie (c1765 VA? - ? ?)
- Isaac Reeve, Jr : Reeve, Isaac Jr. (1767 VA - 1860 IL)
- John Reeves : Reeves, John (c1766 VA -)
- Sarah Reeve : Reeve, Sarah (c1780 NC - ? ?)
- Joshua Reeves : Reeves, Joshua (c1775 VA? - c1830 IN?)
- Peter Reeves : Reeves, Peter (c1780 NC - c1850 AR)
- Redding Reeves : Reeves, Redding (1807 NC - ? TN)
- Asa Reeves : Reeves, Asa (1812 TN - ? AR)
- Zebediah Reeves : Reeves, Zebediah (1842 TN - ? ?)
- Reeves, Joshua : Reeves, Joshua (1820 TN - 1904 AR)
- John Reeves : Reeves, John (c1824 TN - 1879 AR)
- Rebecca Reeves : Reeves, Rebecca (bef 1790 NC - ? TN)
[F1] Family pages within TRP often may not document all of the known descendants of an individual.
For example, Person Pages are not generally created for those who died in childhood.
Please review the individual person pages to see if further offspring are listed there.
If complete branches of this tree are missing, you should first contribute person pages for the missing individuals and then via your Mentor Team talk page ask for this page to be updated.