DeKalb County, GA
DeKalb was created in 1822 from portions of Henry, Gwinnett, and Fayette counties. These lands were opened for settlement after the Indian Springs Treaty of 1821 removed the Creek and Cherokee Indians from the area. Named for Baron Johann DeKalb, a German soldier who fought on the side of the Americans in the American Revolutionary War.
DeKalb County was settled by new arrivals from Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina on land allotments of 202.5 acres each.
and New Georgia Encyclopedia
Modern Day Adjacent Counties
DeKalb County is bordered by Gwinnett