Loading...
 
East Ham, Essex

East Ham

East Ham

Location

East Ham is an Ancient Parish located in the south western corner of Essex.

East Ham is approximately five miles east north east of The Tower of London. The City of Chelmsford, the county town of Essex is approximately twenty seven miles to the north east, along the line of the London to Colchester Roman Road. The ancient parish and market town of Barking is seven miles to the east and the market town of Romford about nine miles to the east north east.

Parish Church

The Parish (CofE) Church is St Mary Magdalene, East Ham which can be seen here in Streetview on Google Maps.

Parish Registers

Essex Archives shows a holding of twenty-three Registers of Baptism (1701 - 1960), twenty-three Marriage Registers (1696 - 1982) and seventeen Burial Registers (1700 - 1960). For additional detail see https://www.essexarchivesonline.co.uk/ParishRegisters.aspx?selAlphabet=E&selParish=5369&selChurch=5373 (accessed 25 May 2022).

Adjacent (Pre 1832) Parishes

To the east of East Ham is Barking and a detached portion of Woolwich (St Mary), Kent, The River Thames formed its southern boundary, with the exception of another small detached portion of Woolwich (St Mary), Kent located on the north bank of the River Thames. On the south bank of the River Thames is the Ancient Parish of Woolwich (St Mary), Kent. To the west is the Ancient Parish of West Ham the southern portion of which became Plaistow (St Mary) in 1844. To the north is Wanstead and to the north east Little Ilford.

Gleanings from


Contributors to this page: MartinB. .
Page last modified on Friday 27 of May, 2022 12:14:10 CDT by MartinB..