Southampton (Parish of Northam), Hampshire
This parish was created in 1853 from part of ancient ecclesiastical Parish of St Mary Southampton
The original Parish (CofE) Church was Christ Church, Northam which stood on the east side of Graham Street between York Street and Clarence Street. It was located on the low lying ground often flooding. It was demolished in the late 1880's
Its replacement, the Parish Church of St Augustine of Canterbury, Northam was constructed between 1881 and 1884 on the west side of Northam Road north of Oak Road.
Adjacent (pre 1832) Parishes
This parish not created until 1853. See Parish of St Mary Southampton