Hilmarton is an Ancient Parish located towards the north-west of the county of Wiltshire. The village of the same name lies in the west of the Parish and is approximately three miles north-north-east of Calne. The town of Chippenham is about 8 miles to the west-south-west, Swindon about 12 miles to the north east and Salisbury 35 miles to the south. The parish includes, amongst others, the hamlet of Goatacre.
For additional information please see A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 9 at British History Online
The Parish (CofE) Church is St Laurence, Hilmarton, which can be seen here on Google Street View.
"A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 9" (pub 1970) simply notes "The registers date from 1645 and are complete.". The Parish Register List of the Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre provides little additional information - see http://www.wshc.eu/parish-register-list#H
Adjacent (Pre 1832) Parishes
To the north-east of Hilmarton lies the parish of Clyffe Pypard
and to the south-east are Berwick Bassett
. Along it's irregular southern border are Highway, a Chapelry of the Parish of Bremhill with Foxham and Highway
, Compton Bassett
. To the west lies a detached portion of Compton Bassett
and Bremhill with Foxham and Highway
lies to the north of Hilmarton.