Lyneham is an Ancient Parish located towards the north of the county of Wiltshire. The village of the same name lies in the centre of the Parish and is approximately eight miles north-east of Chippenham. The town of Calne is about 7 miles to the south, Swindon about 12 miles to the east and Salisbury 42 miles to the south. The parish includes the hamlets of Clack and Preston.
For additional information please see A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 9 at British History Online
The Parish (CofE) Church is St Michael, Lyneham, which can be seen here on Google Street View.
"A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 9" (pub 1970) records that "In 1682 it was noted that the parish register of Lyneham had been lost in 'the late troubles', and that another had been begun. The registers of baptisms in 1968 dated from 1708, those of marriages from 1709, and those of burials from 1708. Baptisms are wanting between 1754 and 1761, and marriages between 1736 and 1754".
The Parish Register List of the Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre suggest a somewhat different story, with the start date for baptisms, marriages and burials all showing a start date of 1653, but with no indication of their completeness. See http://www.wshc.eu/104-parish-register-list-k-z#L
Adjacent (Pre 1832) Parishes
To the east of Lyneham lie the parishes of Tockenham
and Clyffe Pypard
and to the south is
. To the south west is Bremhill with Foxham and Highway
. Christian Malford
is to the north west. Dauntsey
and a detached portion of Dauntsey
are along the northern boundary of Lyneham.