Birth: 7 November 1824, GA
Birth Source: Tombstone
Death: 22 March 1916, Randolph Co., AL
Death Source: Tombstone
Spouse1: Rebecca Hunter
- John Marion Reaves, b. 1846, GA, d. 1891, AL, m. Charlotte Haynes.
- Joseph A. Reaves, b. 1849, GA, d. 1920, AL, m. Samantha Catherine Morrison.
- William M. Reaves, b. 1850, GA, d. 1926, AL, m. Nancy French.
- James W. Reaves, b. 1858, AL, d. 1911, AL, m. Mary French.
- R. Henry Reaves, b. c. 1859, AL, living 1880, AL.
- Sarah Adeline Reaves, b. 1860, AL, d. 1933, AL, m. Henry Lewis Lipham.
- Amanda Reaves, b. c. 1865, AL.
John Reaves and Rebecca Hunter, born c. 1828, GA, died 25 July 1897, Randolph Co., AL, married on 9 January 1845, Carroll Co., GA. They are buried at Union Baptist Church Cemetery, Newell, Randolph Co., AL. His tombstone — a recent government military marker — records his name as John James Reaves and indicates that he served in Company F, 30th Alabama Infantry.
John Reaves and wife Rebecca were enumerated in Carroll Co., GA, in 1850 with sons John and Joseph. William and Mary Hunter, age 21 and 22, GA, were shown with them. They were living in Rockdale, Randolph Co., AL, HH 188, by 1860. They were in Township 18, Randolph Co., AL, in 1870, with 84-year-old Sarah Hunter in the household. They were in Morrison, Randolph Co., AL, in 1880; 93-year-old Sarah Hunter was in the household, and John Reaves indicated that both of his parents were born in SC.
1860 Randolph Co., AL, Census.
1870 Randolph Co., AL, Census.
1880 Randolph Co., AL, Census.