Birth: 1791, South Carolina
Birth Source: 1850 and 1860 Federal Census
Death: 1878, Wayne County, Tennessee
Death Source: Will
Spouse1: Esther Osteen
NarrativeChildren of Osburn Reaves and Esther Osteen:
- Calvin J Reaves, b. 1815 in Tennessee
- Sarah Reaves, b. 1822 in Tennessee
- Delila Reaves, b. 1825 in Tennessee
- Jane Reaves, b. 1829 in Tennessee
- Amanda Reaves, b. 1834 in Tennessee
- Eliza Reaves, b. 1838 in Tennessee
- Emmeline Reaves, b. 1839 in Tennessee
- Delia Reaves, b. 1841 in Tennessee
- Jasper Reaves, b. 1843 in Tennessee
- Jane Reaves, b. 1844 in Tennessee
The earliest record found so far of Osburn Reeves is his marriage to Esther Osteen on 5 May 1812 in Williamson County, Tennessee. In this record, his name is spelled Reeves, but in most records it is spelled Reaves.
Osburn appears in Williamson County Tax records beginning in 1815.
On 7 Oct 1878, Osburn's son Calvin J Reaves was appointed Administrator of his estate (p 55, Wayne County TN Wills and Settlements 1868-??). This Calvin J Reaves should not be confused with the two Calvin J Reeves who have been entered on this Wiki. They are not duplicates.
His estate settlement appeared in Oct 1884 (p 369, Wayne County TN Wills and Settlements 1868-??)
Osburn appears on Deed Records in Wayne County TN as follows:
- Feb 11, 1837, he witnessed a deed of trust between Isaac Osteen and A M Alexander.
ResearchA descendant of Osburn Reaves stated that he had another daughter, Sarah born 1822, not previously listed with his children. Sarah had apparently left home by 1850 but the 1840 census lists two daughters born 1821 to 1825 which would have been Sarah and Delila and confirms the existence of another daughter. This descendant states that Sarah never married but did have children with a married James A. Lawson in Wayne County TN.
SourcesWilliamson County, Tennessee Tax Lists, 1815-1820
1820 Census - Davidson County, Tennessee
1830 Census - Davidson County, Tennessee
1840 Census - Wayne County, Tennessee
1850 Census - Wayne County, Tennessee
1860 Census - Wayne County, Tennessee
1870 Census - Wayne County, Tennessee