Mother: Sarah Flowers
Birth: 13 Apr 1805
Birth Source: Family Bible, Headstone
Death: 3 Aug 1886
Death Source: Headstone
Spouse1: Sarah Lokey, m. 6 Jan 1831
- Benjamin Lee Reaves, b. 21 or 27 Sep 1831
- Mary J. Reaves, b. 31 or 28 Aug 1833
- William J. Reaves, b. 31 or 30 May 1835
- Serena Elizabeth Reaves, b. 25 Sep 1839
- William Henry Reaves, b. 17 Jan 1843
- Josiah Thomas Reaves, b. 13 Feb 1847
- Sussan Catherine Reaves, b. 8 Mar 1849
- Manda Lauren Reaves, b. 15 Apr 1851
William is named as a son in the 1830 will of Stephen Reaves of Talbot County, Georgia.
He appears on the 1840 census living next to his widowed mother Sarah. His age indicates his birth between 1800 and 1810. His exact date of birth is supplied by the Family Bible.
Some of the children are also listed in the Charles Bentley Bible but the dates don't always agree.
Sarah was born 1 Apr 1814 and died 21 Jul 1897 according to the shared headstone.
William Reaves Family Bible
Marriage1: William Reaves Family Bible
Death: Findagrave - Lovett - Tabb Cemetery, Montevista, Webster County, Mississippi
1840 Census: Talbot County, Georgia
1860 Census: Calhoun County, Mississippi
1870 Census: Calhoun County, Mississippi
1880 Census: Calhoun County, Mississippi
1830 Will - Stephen Reaves - Talbot County, Georgia Will Book A, p35
Charles Bentley Bible