Mother: Martha Bell
Birth: 9 Jan 1823, Dover, Kent
Birth Source: Census, Baptism
Death: 1910, Willesden, Middlesex
Death Source: GRO Index
Spouse1: Sarah Elizabeth JOHNSON
- John Reeve, b. c1861
- Lydia Reeve, b. c1863
- James Reeve, b. c1864
- Lewis Reeve, b. c1868
- Edward Reeve, b. c1869
- Jane Reeve, b. c1871
- Sarah Reeve, b. c1873
- Thomas Reeve, b. c1873, died 1873
- Elizabeth Reeve, b. c1875
- Ellen Reeve, b. 1875, died 1880
The census states Thomas was born in Dover, Kent, c1823. This matches the baptism record for Thomas, son of George and Martha. There is a death registered in 1910 for Thomas Reeve in Willesden which matches this person.
According to census entries, Thomas' wife Sarah was born c1837 in Stepney, London. There is a death registered in 1919 in Willesden which matches her.
The following baptisms are listed for St Mary, Bourdon Street, London, Westminster as children of Thomas and Sarah Elizabeth Reeve:
John Reeve, b. 22 Dec 1860, bap. 15 Jan 1861
At the time of the 1881 census, Thomas and Sarah are to be found at 36 Brecknock Road in Islington, Middlesex, the same address as given on his children's baptisms during the previous decade. He is 58 years old, claims birth in Dover, Kent and is working as a Tailor. In addition to Thomas, the household comprises his wife, Sarah E, and four daughters; Lydia, Jane, Sarah and Elizabeth. There are additionally two visitors, Mary Ann YOULTON (63, born Exeter) and Fanny YOULTON (23, born Winchester), to whom there is presently no known family connection (see Research Note 1 below), and a lodger. It is notable that neither son Thomas nor daughter Ellen are included within their father's household.
- The birth registrations of Thomas and Sarah, during the first quarter of 1873 in the Islington Registration District, share the same GRO Registration index details, so they were likely twins. Their mother's maiden name was given as JOHNSON. They were baptised together on 14 March 1873. There is a death registration in the same quarter and district for a Thomas Reeve age 0.
- The birth registration of Ellen Reeve was registered during the fourth quarter of 1875, again in the Islington Registration District. There is a death registration for an Ellen Reeve, age 4, during the second quarter of 1880 also in the Islington Reg.Dist. which would match our subject's daughter.
(1) The birth of a Fanny Caroline YOULTON was registered during the first quarter of 1858 in Winchester Registration District and her mother's maiden name was given as STONEMAN
Death: England and Wales Death Registration Index 1837-2007 - https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2J7J-DJ4
1871 Census: St Lukes Islington, London, Middlesex - https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VB6J-WFX
1881 Census: Islington, London, Middlesex - https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q279-XTV1
1891 Census: Saint Pancras, London - https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:3B94-16Z]
1901 Census: Willesden, Middlesex - https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X96Q-TZC
1911 Census: Willesden, Middlesex - https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XW4W-1L6 (Sarah HOH)
1861 baptism of son John at St Michael Burleigh Street, Westminster, London, England, Church of England Births and Baptisms, 1813-1919 (Page 36, entry 285)(Image 50 of 120 at Ancestry)
1863 baptism of son James at St Gabriel, Pimlico, Westminster, Middlesex (Entry 2089) (Image 105 of 296 at Ancestry)
1868 baptism of son Lewis at St Luke West Holloway, Islington, Middlesex (Page 64, entry 506)(Image 33 of 204 at Ancestry)
1869 baptism of son Edward at St George Tufnell Park, Islington, Middlesex (Page 44, entry 350)(Image 23 of 234 at Ancestry)
1872 baptism of daughter Jane at St Luke West Holloway, Islington, Middlesex (Page 44, entry 347)(Image 74 of 204 at Ancestry)
1873 baptism of son Thomas at St Luke West Holloway, Islington, Middlesex (Page 65, entry 513)(Image 84 of 204 at Ancestry)
1873 baptism of daughter Sarah at St Luke West Holloway, Islington, Middlesex (Page 65, entry 514)(Image 84 of 204 at Ancestry)
1875 baptism of daughter Elizabeth at St Luke West Holloway, Islington, Middlesex (Page 90, entry 719)(Image 97 of 204 at Ancestry)
1876 baptism of daughter Ellen at St Luke West Holloway, Islington, Middlesex (Page 99, entry 788)(Image 104 of 204 at Ancestry)