Birth: c1810, South Carolina
Birth Source: Census
Death: 1888, Georgia
Spouse1: Elizabeth L. McLean, m. c1830 in South Carolina
Spouse2: Mary "Polly" Renfrow on 27 Jun 1843
- Unknown daughter, d. before 1859, m. Callaway Walls
- Rachel M. Reeves, b. 16 Aug 1835 in SC, m. Larkin W. Presley
- Mary Jane Reeves, b. 1837 in Georgia, m. William A. Smith
- Oliver A. Reeves, b. 1838, m. Mary Ann Rentfrow on 12 Aug 1862
- Elizabeth Ann Reeves, b. 1842, m. Henry H. Jones on 29 Jan 1860
The above children are listed as legatees in the estate of Oliver McLean as well as the 1851 Will of Mary McLain, mother of Elizabeth L. McLain or McLean, decd.
Children of Allen Reeves and Mary "Polly" Renfrow:
- Piety Reeves, b. 1845
- Alexander Reeves, b. 1847
- Martha B. Reeves, b. 1848
- Nancy Reeves, b. 1851
Note: There appear to be 3 different Allen Reeves in Fayette County, Georgia and separating the documentation regarding them is extremely confusing. The Allen Reeves who married Mary Renfrow in 1843 is many times listed as the son of Allen Reeves and Lucretia Williams; however, he was born in 1810 according to later census records and far too old to be their son. In the 1870 census of Fayette County, he is living in the next household to Oliver A. Reeves, the child of his first marriage to Elizabeth McLean.
In the 1840 census, this Allen Reeves is found in Capt. Nicklas District while Allen Reeves son of Wiley Reeves along all of the other members of that family are located in Capt. Simmons District.
1850 Census - Fayette County, Georgia