Mother: Mary Murphy
Birth: 25 Apr 1758, Charles County, Maryland
Birth Source: Trinity Parish Register
Death: probably Rowan County, North Carolina
Spouse1: Benjamin Poston, m. c1778 Maryland
- John Jordan Poston, b. 1780, m1 Polly Warner, m2 Susannah Rice
- Unknown female child, b. bef 1784
- Mary Poston, b. c1785, m. David Foster
- Unknown female child, b. 1785-1790
- Unknown male child, b. 1790-1800
- Sophia Poston, b. 1794, m. George Shuford
- Edward Poston, b. 1795, m1 unknown c1820; m2 Mary Ann Christy 1848
- Benjamin Poston, b. 1797, m. Rachel C. Knox
Probate documents recorded in Charles County, Maryland in 1793 name Mary Murphy Reeves' daughter Ann as Ann Poston.
1790 Census of Charles County, Maryland lists the household of Benjamin Poston as having 1 male over 16, 1 male under 16 and 5 females.
Ann and her husband Benjamin migrated to Rowan County, North Carolina with a group of Marylanders organized by Charles Mills of St. Mary's County. Among this group who migrated to North Carolina circa 1795 were her brothers Samuel and William Reeves.
The household of Benjamin Poston in the 1800 census of Rowan County, North Carolina lists 3 Males under 10; 1 male 10-15; 1 male over 45; 1 female under 10; 2 females 10-15; 1 female 16-25 and 1 female 26-44.
The will of Benjamin Poston was recorded in Rowan County Will Book F at page 28 in 1802. Her nephew Thomas Reeves was appointed as an executor of that will and his brother James Reeves was a witness. The other executor of the will was Charles Mills formerly of St. Mary's County, Maryland.
Charles County, Maryland Probate Records
1790 Census - Charles County, Maryland
1800 Census - Rowan County, North Carolina
1802 Will of Benjamin Poston, Rowan County, North Carolina Will Book F, Pg 28