George Reeves, Sr.
Mother: Jane Burton
Birth: c1765, Grayson County, Virginia
Birth Source: George Reeves Probate Records
Death: before 1845
Death Source: Deceased oruir ti 1759 cebsys,
Spouse1: Samuel Phipps, m. c1783
- John Phipps, b. 1784, d. 1845 Allegheny NC, m1 Mary Cox, m2 Jemimah Stamper
- William Phipps, b. 14 Aug 1785, d. 16 Aug 1870, Boone County, Iowa, m. Sarah A. Scott c1813
- Jesse Phipps, b. 1788, d. Missouri or Indiana, m1 Jennie Spurlin b 1809, m2 Deborah Helms 12 May 1848 in Owen Co., Indiana
- Isaiah Phipps, b. 1790, d. 16 Oct 1856 Lawrence Co., Indiana, m. Eve Kennedy
- Benjamin Phipps, b. 1795, m. Rachel Birney
- George Phipps, b. 1796, d. 1833, m. Nancy White
- Joseph F. Phipps, b. 1797, d. 1840, m. Patsy White
On 24 Aug 1837 when Samuel Phipps wrote his will he made no reference to his wife, Elizabeth. The will names all of their children but there is no mention of Elizabeth and no bequests to her or mention of a dower. It initially appeared that she may have been deceased; however, Samuel Phipps household in the 1840 census contained a 70-79 year old female.
By the 1850 census of Ashe County, Elizabeth Reeves Phipps appears to be deceased. The household of Samuel Phipps only includes his widowed daughter-in-law Patsy White Phipps, widow of his deceased son Joseph, and their children.
1820 Census - Ashe County, North Carolina
1830 Census - Ashe County, North Carolina
1840 Census - Ashe County, North Carolina
1850 Census - Ashe County, North Carolina
Will of Samuel Phipps, Ashe County NC Will Book A, pg 37-38