Mother: Frances Mauldin
Birth: 10 May 1780, North Carolina
Death: 15 May 1846, around Centreville, Anderson County, South Carolina
Death Source: Obituary
Spouse1: Elizabeth Riddell, m. c1803
Spouse2: Elizabeth Swain, m. c1818
- Robert Wilson Reeves, b. 22 Sep 1804, m. Elizabeth Jane Liddell on 19 Oct 1825 (Source: Pendleton Messenger)
- Frances Reeves, b. 1806, m. Micajah Anderson
- Jane Reeves, b. 1808, m. Bratton Dickson
- Patience Reeves, b. 1810, m. Henry Tyler
- Elizabeth Reeves, b. 1812
Child of John Reeves and Elizabeth Swain:
- John Andrew Reeves, b. 10 May 1819, d. 19 Jan 1897, m.1 Cornelia Marshall Bruce, m.2 Mary Jane McLees
Second wife Elizabeth died in 1844 according to her obituary from the Pendleton Messenger:
Died, in the neighborhood of Centreville, on Saturday morning, March 2, in the 66th year of her age, Mrs. Elizabeth Reeves, consort of Mr. John Reeves of this District.
Abstracted from The Pendleton Messenger, 5 Jun 1846:
Died on Friday morning, at 8 o'clock, the 15th in the vicinity of Centreville, Mr. John Reeves, aged 67 years. He resided in this district nearly 60 years, but was a native of Granville Co., N. C...member of the Methodist Episcopal Church at Sandysprings...(eulogy).
Letters of Administration on his estate were granted 26 Oct 1846 in Anderson County, South Carolina.
1820 Census - Pendleton County, South Carolina
1830 Census - Anderson County, South Carolina
1840 Census - Anderson County, South Carolina
Holcomb, Brent. Marriage & Death Notices from Pendleton (S. C.) Messenger 1807 - 1851, p79
1846 Letters of Administration - Estate of John Reeves - Anderson County, South Carolina, Letters, Vol. 1, p251