Reeves, John Clay
Mother: Catherine Johnson
Birth: 8 August 1875, Georgia
Birth Source: Tombstone, Anderson-Reeves Cemetery, Polk Co., GA
Death: 4 August 1948, Polk Co., GA
Death Source: Tombstone, Anderson-Reeves Cemetery, Polk Co., GA
Spouse1: James Richbourgh Anderson, born 25 August 1867, Clarendon County, South Carolina, died 10 August 1928, Polk Co., GA, son of William and Margaret Richborough Anderson.
Ludie and James were living in Polk Co., GA, by 1900 and remained there for the rest of thier lives. John Clay Reeves, Katie Johnson Reeves, and Clay's unmarried sister Nancy Sue Reeves lived with the Anderson family until their deaths.
Ludie was a founding member of Bellview Baptist Church. She and James sent all of their children to college at Berry College in nearby Rome, Georgia; son Kankakee later became superintendent of Polk County schools and president of the Georgia Education Association. Son James R. D. Anderson had a distinguished military career and later taught at the University of South Carolina. He was later appointed State Director for the Federal Housing Administration in South Carolina by President John F. Kennedy.
Children of Louisa B. Reeves and James Anderson:
- Gwendolyn Anderson, born 1899, died 1979, married (1) Thomas Self, married (2) Cornelius Allred.
- Alsia Beulah Anderson, born 1901, died 1902
- E. Zania Anderson, born 2 April 1903, died 28 March 1983, married (1) Zebedee Milton Eslinger, born 1897, died 1948, married (2) Charles E. Tate, married (3) John Autry McGee, born 1900, died 1984.
- Kankakee Anderson, born 28 February 1905, died 25 January 1993, married Betty Norton.
- Melvin Walkiwisky Anderson, born 16 June 1907, died 3 August 1954, married Lucile E. Reynolds.
- John Calvin Anderson, born 7 May 1909, died 18 June 1989.
- Margaret K. Anderson, born 30 May 1912, died 29 October 1919.
- James Robert Dickie "Dick" Anderson, born 1915, died 2006.
Death: Anderson-Reeves Family Cemetery, Polk County, Georgia
Census: 1900 Census - Polk Co., Georgia, GMD 1072, HH 193/200
1910 Census - Polk Co., Georgia, North Cedartown and Rockmart Road, HH 145
1920 Census - Polk Co., Georgia, Aragon District, HH 28/32
1930 Census - Polk Co., Georgia, Fish Creek, ED 5, HH 3/3.