George Reeves, Sr.
Mother: probably Tabitha Geer
Birth: c 1780, Orange County, North Carolina
Birth Source: Will of George Reeves, Sr.
Death: before 1837, Orange County, North Carolina
Death Source: Deceased prior to writing of Lysias Durham's will in 1837
Spouse1: Lysias Durham, Orange County, North Carolina
Children of Sarah Reeves and Lysias Durham:
- David Durham, b. 26 Jul 1799, d. 13 Feb 1874 in Holmes, MS, m. Barbara Cheek on 2 Nov 1824
- Tobitha Gear Durham, b. c1800, m. James Bailey on 23 Jan 1817
- Dudley Durham, b. 24 May 1806, d. 27 May 1856 in Holmes, MS, m. Keziah Durham on Dec 22, 1829
- Susannah L. Durham, b. c1808, d. 1896 NC, m. Rev. Levi Andrews on 24 Jun 1832
- Tarleton Durham, b. 1810, d. 3 Feb 1874, Holmes, MS, m. Catherine Cheek on 3 Sep 1839
- Mary Jane Durham, b. after 1816 (minor when Lysias Durham's 1837 will written), m. Henry Andrews on 15 Mar 1841
There is much evidence to support the belief that George Reeves, Sr.'s wife and Sarah's mother was Tabitha Geer, daughter of John Geer who died in Orange County in 1769. See Research Notes on George Reeves, Sr.'s page. Note that Lysias Durham listed the middle name of his daughter Tobitha or Tabitha as Gear or Geer. A daughter or Sarah's brother Frederick Reeves also gave one of her daughters the middle name Geer.
Will of Lysias Durham, Orange County NC Will Book F, Page 3