Mother: Rebecca Mitchell
Birth: c. 1849, Pike Co., Georgia
Birth Source: 1850-1900 Census
Death: 9 May 1921, Bartow Co., Georgia
Death Source: Sarah's Georgia Death Certificate
Spouse1: John T. Bowman, m. 30 March 1873, Paulding Co., Georgia
Spouse2: John J. Jacobs (1850-1903), m. 27 September 1883, Paulding Co., Georgia
Children of Sarah Reeves and John T. Bowman:
- John Edward (or Edwin) Bowman, b. c1876, who was enumerated in Taylorsville, Bartow Co., GA, in 1900, Buncombe, Polk Co., GA, in 1910, and Floyd Co., GA, in 1930.
- William Mitchell Bowman, b. 3 August 1877, d. 4 November 1957, who married Willie Lou Jean Womack, born 1877, died 1932. They are buried in Hills Creek Baptist Church Cemetery, Rockmart Polk County, Georgia. William was living in Taylorsville, Bartow Co., GA, in 1900. They were in Polk County in 1910 and 1910, Buncombe District.
Children of Sarah Reeves and John J. Jacobs:
- Jesse Dean Jacobs, b. 31 Aug 1886, married Roxanna Pearl Cagle.
- Lizzie Inez Jacobs, b. 23 Dec 1888, married Charlie Lewis.
- Nancy Ann Jacobs, b. Sep 1889, married James Gordon Clemmons Womack.
Sarah was living in 1880 in Fulton County with Clay and Katie Reeves. She was aged 29 and had two sons, John and William, aged 4 and 3.
The 1900 Bartow Co., GA, Census shows John and Sarah Jacobs with five children. Three of these children appear to be Sarah's biological offspring and two appear to be her step-children. John had apparently married first Sarah Tant on 24 August 1879, by whom he had William Owen Jacobs (born 1880) and Charles Porter Jacobs (born 1882).
At the time of the 1910 Polk Co., GA, Census, Sarah J. Jacobs, 58, mother, was living with Edwin Boman, 35, and wife Ella, 34, and children in Buncombe, Polk Co., GA. She died 9 May 1921 in Taylorsville, Bartow Co., GA. Sarah's 1921 Bartow County, Georgia, death certificate identifies her as a native of Pike Co., GA.
Census: 1880 Census - Fulton Co., Georgia
1900 Census - Bartow Co., Georgia
1910 Census - Bartow Co., Georgia