Birth: c1831 Tennessee
Birth Source: 1860, 1870, 1880 Census
Death: c1881 in Franklin County, AL.
Death Source: Find A Grave
Spouse1: Sophia Cobb, m. 11 Sep 1848
Spouse2: Elizabeth Cobb m. 07 Nov 1854
- Columbus Houston Reeves, b. 02 Oct 1849, m. Callie Shipp
Children of Stephen R. Reeves and Elizabeth Cobb:
- Thomas Reeves, b. 1856, m. Julia Ann Hester
- Udora Reeves, b. 1859 - d. 1870
- James "Jimmie" Reeves, b. 1864
- Robert E. Lee Reeves, b. 1867, m. Flora Walker
- Willie Ida Reeves, b. 14 Apr 1867, m. William Calvin Young
- Florence Alabama Reeves, b. 09 Feb 1873, m. W. A. Martin
- Ella Reeves, b. 13 May 1876, d. 01 Sep 1897
- Edmund "Eddie" Reeves, b. 01 Apr 1879, d. 19 Jun 1899
The 1880 Census stated son or daughter for James "Jimmie", Robert, Florence, Ella, Eddie. Children of Stephen R. Reeves and wife Elizabeth were found on Find A Grave. The birth years and names of children of Stephen R. Reeves found at Knights of Pythias Cemetery match the census very well. Martha Elizabeth "Lizzie" Reaves, whom married Felix Parrish was also found at this cemetery, and listed with the siblings. Martha did not show up on any census recorded with this family.
Marriage Record of Lauderdale County, AL., Stephen Reeves and Elizabeth Cobb, Book 2 Vol. 6, Pg. 105
1860 Census, Lauderdale County, AL. Born 1833 in Tennessee.
1870 Census Colbert County, AL. Born 1828-1829 in Tennessee.
1880 Census Colbert County, AL. Born 1833 in Tennessee.
Find A Grave, Elizabeth Cobb Reeves, Buried in Franklin Co., AL. at Knights of Pythias Cemetery with grave marker.
Find A Grave, Children of Stephen R. Reeves, Buried in Franklin Co., AL. at Knights of Pythias; Fayette City; Belgreen Cemeteries.
1908 Petition To Sell Land, C. S. Rhodes vs. Jennie Jordan, Rhodes / Reeves