Mother: probably Sarah Wright
Birth: 14 Aug 1793, York County, South Carolina
Death: 29 July 1873, Meriweather County, Georgia
Death Source: Flat Rock Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery
Spouse1: Elizabeth Harper, m. 25 Apr 1816 in Wilkes County, Georgia
- Teresa Caroline Reeves, b. 29 Aug 1820, d. 6 Nov 1903, m. Arthur S. Wright
- Labertha W. Reeves, b. 1822, m. Levi Stidham
- Sarah Elizabeth Reeves, b. c1823, m. Elishua Stidham
- Nancy Jane Reeves, b. Jan 1826 d. 10 May 1907, m1 Alba J. Archer, m2 Hiram Howell
- Cornelius Judson Reeves, b. 26 Nov 1827, m. Sarah Elizabeth Hines
- Amanda M. Reeves, b. 14 Feb 1832, d. 1894, m. William F. Park
- Martha J. Reeves, b. 1836 m. Wright M. Carter
Tyre Reeves received a land warrant for service as a private in Captain Phipps Company of the Georgia Militia in the War of 1812. He assigned that warrant to John Riddle whose certificate for 80 acres in Stone County, Missouri is dated 4 Jul 1860¹.
Obituary from the Meriwether County Vindicator, Vol. 1, No. 33, August 1, 1873, page 3 - REEVES, Judge Tyre, born in 1793 and was consequently 80 years old, quietly sunk to rest on Tuesday last.
An article in The Meriwether Vendicator about the pioneers of Meriwether County, Georgia published in an issue of 13 Jan 1905 had the following information about the Reeves family which helps to identify the probable children of Abner Reeves:
William Reeves , resident of Alabama, Judge Thom. A. Reeves of Florida and Hon. Madison Reeves of LaGrange, all deceased, were sons of Asa Reeves. His brothers were the late Hon. Tyre Reeves and William Reeves, of this county, and Abner Reeves of Mississippi, also deceased.
1840 Census: Meriwether County, Georgia
1850 Census: Meriwether County, Georgia
¹Bureau of Land Management, General Land Office records