Rives, John Forsyth
SummaryFather: John Edward Rives
Mother: Elizabeth Warren
Birth: c1827, Dawson County, Georgia
Birth Source: Reliques of the Rives
Spouse1: Harriet Kinsey Chapman, m. 6 Sep 1849, Hall County, Georgia
NarrativeChildren of John Forsyth Rives and Harreit Kinsey Chapman:
- George Edwards Rives, b. c1851, d. 1872, Georgia
- Mary Elizabeth Rives, b. 1851, m. Mr. Boyd
- Frances Marion Rives, b. 1854, m. Rev. Blackwell
- Harriet Emeline Rives, b. 1856, m. Mr. Mitchell
- Ollie Jane Rives, b. 1859, m. Mr. Cooper
- John Thomas Rives, b. 1 July 1861
- James Davis Rives, b. 11 Oct 1863
In 1851, John F. "Reeves" was living in Hall County, Georgia with his wife, but no children listed.
In 1860, J. F. Rives is listed in Hall County with wife Harriet (27) and children George (9), Elizabeth (6), Frances (4), Harriet (2), and Olla (1).
From Reliques of the Rives:
Captain John Forsyth was born in Dawson county, Georgia, and made his home in Hall county, Georgia, near the farm of his father. After graduating from Athens College he joined the gold rush to California in 1849; but remained in California only a short while, returning subsequently to Georgia. Captain John F. Rives commanded Co. K, 43rd Georgia Infantry, in the War Between the States, and died in active service in 1865.
SourcesMarriage1: Georgia, U.S., Marriage Records From Select Counties, 1828-1978 (Ancestry)
1850 Census: Hall County, Georgia
1860 Census: Hall County, Georgia
Childs, James Rives. Reliques of the Rives, 232