Mother: Sarah Johnson
Birth: 23 Aug 1822, Pike Co., Georgia
Birth Source: Tombstone
Death: 27 May 1905, Lincoln Parish, Louisiana
Death Source: Tombstone
Spouse1: Martha Walter Lee
- James Robert Rives, b. 1846, AL or MS.
- Sarah Elizabeth Rives, b. c. 1848, AL or MS, m. J. S. Cox
- Julia L. Rives, b. c. 1851, AL, m. S. T. McCain
- Martha A. Rives, b. c. 1855, AL
- Thomas J. Rives, b. c. 1857, AL
- Winston Rives, b. c. 1859, AL
- Elizabeth Autriette Rives, b. 14 Sep 1864
- John Reuben Rives, b. 10 Mar 1868
- Samuel Lee Rives, b. 1871
- Dellah Rives, b. 1874, m. M. W. Oliver
- Lula Virginia Rives, b. 6 Dec 1876, m. George Belton
The 1900 census records Thomas's birth as Aug 1823.
Thomas Edward Rives (whose name was there spelled Reaves) was enumerated in HH 70, Beat 13 South, Randolph Co., AL, in 1850. Thomas was shown in Wesobulga, Randolph Co., AL, HH 1247, in 1860. He was a farmer with six children.
Thomas afterwards moved to Louisiana, where he and Martha are buried in Henry Cemetery at Hico, Lincoln Parish, LA. Their name is spelled Rives on their tombstones. Martha was born 2 March 1830 and died 22 January 1916.
Death: Henry Cemetery, Hico, Lincoln Parish, Louisiana (Louisiana, Tombstone Inscriptions, 1812-1970 - FamilySearch)
Census: 1850 Census - Randolph County, Alabama
1860 Census - Randolph County, Alabama
1880 Census - Lincoln County, Louisiana
1900 Census - Lincoln County, Louisiana
History: Childs, James Rives. Reliques of the Rives, 221