Lunenburg Co., VA
HistoryLunenburg was created in 1746 from Brunswick County that had been created from Prince George County. The Act of March 26, 1745, divided the County of Brunswick and the Parish of St. Andrew with that part continuing to be known as Brunswick County to be known as St. Andrew Parish, and that part in the new County of Lunenburg to be known as Cumberland Parish. At that time Cumberland Parish included territory that became Lunenburg, Mecklenburg, Halifax, Charlotte, Pittsylvania, Henry, Patrick and Franklin counties, and the greater part of Bedford and Campbell counties, a part of Appomattox.
Source: Landon C. Bell, Cumberland Parish, Lunenburg County, Virginia 1746-1816 [and] Vestry Book 1746-1816 (1930), p. 22, www.worldvitalrecords.com.
Modern Day Adjacent CountiesPrince Edward County