The Reeves/Reaves families of Bladen, Cumberland and Brunswick counties (location 15 on the adjacent map) are very likely several different lineages.The map and above text both first appeared in May 2017 as part of post entitled "Early Reeves' Families in Colonial America" researched and written by Beverly for the blog Reeves, Reaves, and More Rives she co-authors and is included here with her permission.
A Robert Reeves was listed on the 1742 tax lists of Bladen County and a 1750 grant for 100 acres places an Edward Reeves there. Whether he is the same Edward Reeves who was a Bladen County taxpayer in 1763 is unknown.
By 1773 another Reeves' individual, Nathaniel, is recorded in Bladen County east of Harrison's Creek and again in 1779 along with a Zachariah Reeves. In the 1790 and subsequent censuses, both Nathaniel and Zachariah were listed in Cumberland County.
In neighboring Brunswick County, Solomon Reaves and Mark Reaves are believed to be sons of William Reaves and Prudence Harralson. Interestingly, Prudence Harralson was the daughter of Paul Harralson of Edgecombe County who was involved in many dealings with William Reeves, Jr. of the Granville County family.
No one from any of these families has participated in the Reeves DNA Project which could give some clue as to their origins and whether they were related or have connections to any of the other Reeves' families in colonial North America.
Person Pages have been created within TRP for the following descendants of this individual. Please see footnote [F1] below.
- Reaves, William : Reaves, William (? VA - ? NC)
- Reaves, Solomon : Reaves, Solomon (1754 VA - 1835 NC)
- Reaves, Rhoda Caroline : Reaves, Rhoda (1781 NC - 1823 NC)
- Reaves, Joel Lide : Reaves, Joel (1782 NC - 1860 NC)
- Reaves, Joel Jr. : Reaves, Joel Jr. (c1808 NC - c1870 NC)
- Reaves, Charles : Reaves, Charles (c1783 NC - c1861 SC)
- Reaves, George W : Reaves, George W. (1811 SC - 1897 SC)
- Reaves, John H : Reaves, John H. (1864 SC - 1948 SC)
- Reaves. Robert Hodge : Reaves. Robert Hodge (1814 SC - c1880 SC)
- Reaves, Jerusha : Reaves, Jerusha (c1785 NC - ?)
- Reaves, Mary : Reaves, Mary (c1785 NC - c1836 NC)
- Reaves, Anna : Reaves, Anna (1793 NC - 1870 NC)
- Reaves, Olive : Reaves, Olive (c1795 NC - c1844 NC)
- Reaves, Samuel : Reaves, Samuel (1804 NC - c1837 NC)
- Reaves, Dougal F : Reaves, Dougal F. (1822 NC - 1897 NC)
- Reaves, Mark : Reaves, Mark (c1763 NC - 1819 SC)
- Reaves, John : Reaves, John (c1790 NC - c1840 SC)
- Reaves, William Samuel : Reaves, William Samuel (1814 SC - ?)
- Reaves, Mark Jr. : Reaves, Mark Jr. (c1795 NC - c1860 SC)
- Reaves, John James : Reaves, John James (1817 SC - 1892 FL)
- Reaves, Candice : Reaves, Candice (1797 NC - c1860 GA)
- Reaves, Solomon : Reaves, Solomon (1802 SC - ?)
[F1] Family pages within TRP often may not document all of the known descendants of an individual.
For example, Person Pages are not generally created for those who died in childhood.
Please review the individual person pages to see if further offspring are listed there.
If complete branches of this tree are missing, you should first contribute person pages for the missing individuals and then via your Mentor Team talk page ask for this page to be updated.