Fayette, Coweta and Carroll counties, along with the half of DeKalb County which became Fulton County soon afterward. Georgia's Cherokee Land Lottery of 1832 also added to the county. It was named for Duncan G. Campbell, one of the U.S. commissioners responsible for the Treaty of Indian Springs Acquisition.
The county existed for one hundred and four years. The northwestern half of Campbell (and a bit more of Carroll) became Douglas County in 1870, divided on October 17 at the Chattahoochee River. The remainder of Campbell County was ceded to Fulton County at the end of 1931, along with Milton County, to save money.
Carroll, Paulding, Cobb, DeKalb, Fayette and Coweta counties.