Coweta County, GA
Coweta was one of five counties created by the 1825 Treaty of Indian Springs, when Chief William McIntosh relinquished Creek Indian lands to the United States. Coweta was named after McIntosh's tribe and their town, one of the largest centers for the Creek Nation.
The counties' boundaries were created by the Georgia General Assembly on June 9, 1826.
Sources: New Georgia Encyclopedia
Modern Day Adjacent Counties
Coweta County is bordered by Carroll