Meriwether County, GA
Meriwether County was formed on December 14, 1827 as the 73rd county in Georgia. The land in Meriwether County was originally held by the Creek Indians. It is named for David Meriwether, a Revolutionary War general remembered for his accomplishments as an interpreter for Creek Indians, a state legislator, and a U.S. congressman.
Warm Springs, with Franklin D. Roosevelt's Little White House, is a major attraction in Meriwether County. In association with the historic home, the Georgia Department of Natural Resources operates a state park.
Source: New Georgia Encyclopedia
Modern Day Adjacent Counties
Meriwether County is bordered by Coweta